Sunday, February 13, 2011

First Bike Ride of the Year!!!!!!

So the weather finally warmed a little, and I just had to get out there. Even though today was supposed to be a rest day, I couldn't not ride ... to beautiful. We had planned on meeting at noon, but it was coooooold still. So we decided to wait just a little longer. The temperature wasn't really getting any better, so we met at 1:15 p.m.

Me and Mary
Green Mountain is my favorite starting place, and everyone was willing to do that. It is a pretty easy ride, mostly flat with a couple, three easy climbs ... traffic is generally minimal out there and today was no exception. My god was it beautiful! I didn't see any birds or animals to speak of, but the river was gorgeous and clear. I forgot to take my camera. I was going to try and document the first ride of the season. Colleen took some photos with her cell phone. If they turned out I'll add them to this post later on.

Well I'm tired and I'm hungry, need to fix something to eat before I fall asleep. Oh I forgot 24 miles. WooHoo! Yea ... I rode my bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment